Thursday, December 22, 2022

God of the IMpossible

 "If at least part of your plans don't seem to be impossible, they might not be part of His Plan!" 

  I heard someone say this recently and it hit home with me, and I started to ponder...  


God is a God of the Impossible.  Moses and the Red Sea.  Johan and the whale. Noah and the flood. Daniel and the lion. Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego (or as a former pastor said (and I never forgot)- my shack, your shack and a bungalow) and the furnace.   Mary and conception.  Lazarus and the grave.  

The Lord loves to amaze us and show us His Glory. What if none of those events had happened? We would have never heard about them. Our faith expands when we hear of the ways He performs the miraculous. But since He is beyond time and space, and because He is GOD, all things are possible... so there is no such thing as im-possible!!!!  To Him, they are the same. It is miraculous to us because we are limited by time and space and we see too often with our eyes instead of our faith. 

There is a song I heard many years ago and never forgot the main line: "If you don't dream big, what's the use in dreaming?"  We've also heard the saying "Dream big, or go home." 

He is a God who wants us to dream big. The more impossible it seems to us, the more He can show us what is possible through Him. And He is glorified. 

One of my all-time favorite movies is Shirley Valentine.  There is a line in it that I often think of: "Why are we given so much life if we're not supposed to use it?"  Live big, love big, dream big. 

All things are possible. 


Blessings to you in HIs love and by His grace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment