What a lovely morning. Cool after the rains. I am sitting under the trees, making time for the Lord before the day gets busy.
The song "How great the Father's love for us" was going through my head, so I found the version by Selah and started my thoughts going in that direction.
I thought of Jesus' sacrifice, and that He is a reflection of the Father. If we want to know the Father, look to Jesus. He did not do anything of His will, but all He did and said was what He heard the Father say.
Reading Dave Hayes "Seeing in the Spirit". I love the way he writes; it is so down to earth (pun unintended) ; )
Here is what I read today, and I had to stop and ponder it for a while. It lined up perfectly with my earlier thoughts about Jesus being the reflection of the Father...
He is talking about spiritual light. "The light of Christ which shines from His throne in heaven is the source of all light found in the spiritual world. Even the light of the brightest angel is merely a refraction of the light of Christ."
We cannot comprehend with our physical and finite brains what this light looks like. We have our imaginations but even then I believe we fall short. Kind of when you keep your eyes closed for a while and then open them to see all the colors in nature in front of you.
'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard..."
Excited to be on the journey of training my spiritual senses to become more finely tuned to what is surrounding me...
Glory to God!
Blessings.
I love how He puts a song on your heart and then you let it lead you through moments with Him. Check out the Bible verses that inspire the songs that He puts on your heart. Note what you are doing when the song comes to you too.
ReplyDeleteMost times it is just a song that is running through my mind first thing in the morning. I just have to hear it (thank goodness for YouTube as far as finding songs go!) ☺🎵
ReplyDelete