Monday, November 22, 2021

Success...

I recently went to a craft fair and sold Sunny books and plushies.  That evening, my husband asked me "how I did". I knew that he meant financially and was hesitant to give him hard numbers. Not because I didn't have any but because I knew that in his mind, the dollar amount would signify the level of success I had had. But I see things differently... 

I went to a craft fair a few years ago; I met someone who asked me if I would read at her elementary school for World Reading Day. I happily agreed and the next spring Sunny and I went and spent the whole day reading to hundreds of kids. I sold lots of (pre-ordered) books & plushies, and actually met the mayor of Fort Worth! It was a wonderful experience. There was a little girl there who was afraid of dogs, and after her interaction with Sunny, went home and told her mom all about it. Her mom wrote me an email and said she had cried tears of happiness and said that Sunny had changed her daughter's life.

I've come to believe that the people whom I meet and interact with at my booth are there by Divine appointment. You never know how a casual encounter talking about Sunny in the books is going to lead to another venture. One lady told me on Saturday that she's with a rescue group and she's going to find out if she can include the books and plushies in the Welcome basket that goes to new adopters!  What a blessing that would be!

I want to be able to see other things from that Kingdom perspective. Not hard numbers and dollar signs, but see everyday encounters as Divine appointments. I don't know if I'll ever make a lot of money from the books and plushie, but I know that the lives that have been touched far outweigh the monetary value.

Success comes in many forms. My sweet Sunny will continue to touch lives in the years ahead and especially with the third book that is forthcoming. I can't wait until I can share it with everyone and hear about how it's blessing children's lives. That to me... is success! 

Blessings to you on this day in His name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment