Monday, November 22, 2021

Unopened gifts

 We have a granddaughter who will be a teenager next year. We've delighted in her from the day she was born and in her earlier years, she'd come out to our house and upon seeing me from the car, would bounce up and down in her seat and exclaimed "Nonnie! Nonnie! Nonnie!" 

It's been a long while since she's come out. Both with her school/activity schedules, we've seen her but not out here. I've invited her but she's declined my offer. I don't know if she knows that Sunny passed last February, or that we have had a new puppy since July. We know she'd love to meet him, but we're not going to cajole or coerce her do something she doesn't want to do.

It pricked my heart last time she said she was "too busy". The sentiment that went through my mind was "it's your loss." Not because we are that scintillating to spend time with 😉, but I knew I had things that I wanted to share with her that she wouldn't receive.

I thought of how many times the Lord has wanted me to "come over and spend time" with Him, or imagine that He had something new or wonderful to share with me or show me, but I was "too busy". 

He's not going to cajole or coerce me, either. He wants me to want to spend time with Him of my own choosing. It is absolutely "my loss" to neglect that precious communion. 

And yet He continues to "bid me come" and walk in the garden with Him. Oh, how He loves you and me.

Blessings to you in His Holy and precious Name!  

No comments:

Post a Comment