Thursday, October 21, 2021

The least of these...

I had a friend in college who knew every name of every 'worker' there. Every kitchen aide, every dorm housekeeper. She knew them by name, and their stories. She knew their kids names. 

I saw them as the dorm housekeeper. 

She was an evangelical, born again, charismatic believer... and I had just met the Lord.  She was warm, effusive, alive. She was such an example to me. 

To the least of these.... 

She taught me that every person is loved by God and that everyone has a story. 

I went to pick up my "Blessing Box" at our local food pantry tonight. Upon seeing me, the man there said, "Where you been??!!"  

It touched me as I realized that he remembered me (personally) and had noticed my absence. I thought of my college friend, and thought that he remembered me, but I didn't even know his name. She would have not only known his name, but what was going on in his life, and made him feel so special by her words. Without knowing it, she is an inspiration to me even after all these years. 

To the least of these... Lord help me remember that You love every last one of us and that each one is cherished by You... Lord let me be an instrument of Your peace.... 

I love You, Lord.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment