Sunday, June 7, 2020

Daily "mindfulness"

I am sure that I will learn time and time again the challenge of blogging is putting one's thoughts into words that are meaningful when shared with others. Today presents an opportunity to explore that challenge!

I often ponder the meaning of "walk in the Spirit/ by the Spirit". The first is used Galatians 5:16- Paul says, "But I say walk and live in the Spirit"... The Amplified Bible adds to live [habitually] and [to be responsive and controlled and guided by the Spirit].

The second reference is later in that chapter (in verse 25)- it says "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit", to which the Amplified Bible adds [if by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit].

I start my day with a desire to walk through it with a deliberate mindfulness of the presence of God. Yet sometimes at the end of that day, I think back and realize that I 'did that day' largely in my own "mindfulness of self"!

I have a good friend who has a running conversation with the Lord all day. He talks and she listens. I love to be around her because it is a beautiful example of a *relationship*.

I believe it is something that must be practiced and developed. In our flesh, it is all about *us*. When we have a consciousness of being sensitive to the Spirit, it takes our minds off ourselves and into a place of a different awareness. As a result, the fruit of the Spirit blossoms. But the "WE" (our innermost) is changed as we welcome Him into our daily sphere.

It is not a natural thing to do, but when we are in Christ, we are a new creation, and we can live in a spiritual plane, and indeed grow to a place where we walk in that realm as naturally as we walk on terra firma.

My husband said something very profound last night. We were talking about current events, and he said, "How you died isn't how you  should be remembered."

Wow. Yes and amen. Please Lord, let me be remembered for how I lived!!!

"For in Him we live and move and have our being"! (Acts 17:28)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment