Recently in the news, there has been commentary of a particular person's life. To hear it, you would think that he was an upstanding Christian man; there are reports of street ministry and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. Other reports detail a criminal past and a string of poor life choices. The two can go hand in hand. Many is the saved soul that can tell a tale of the redemptive love of Christ and a life that was changed forever. Which is the one that people will hear???
Sometimes I think of what people will say of me when I am no longer walking this earth. Not that it is my motivation for my actions, but a bigger care is whether or not I would have represented the Lord well. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 3:20- "But our citizenship is in heaven..." ...
You have a passport of the country that you are from. You are a citizen of that country. I am just a pilgrim passing through!!
Many years ago, a work friend whom I had known for years (had even been to a "candle party" at her house!) told me she was moving. I asked why and she said that she and her husband were going to go plant a church. I was so surprised - I never knew she was a Christian!! That one hit me hard and has stayed in my mind to this day. If that was me in her place, would people be surprised to learn of my faith???
Ephesians 4:1 says "In all that you do, live in a manner worthy of the calling with which you were called..." I know I can pray more, serve more, love more. But in the end, did I live above reproach (Col 1:22)? Did my light shine before men? Will there be two tales to tell??
I am accountable to God. It is of utmost importance to me that He is pleased with me. That as I am going through trials, I will honor Him in my thoughts, words and actions, and at the end of the trial, He will say, "Good job. You handled that well and I am proud of you." That people know that He is the Source and the Light of my life.
That is my hope. That in the final account, that will be the story that will be told. "She loved Jesus, the Holy Spirit dwelt within her and the Father was well pleased".
Blessings!
We as Christians are called to live a life wherein people will see our faith. We are to be lighthouses, we are priests, we are to witness and by our actions for all to see Christ. Well, as much as I try, I am far from even being a small beacon. My pastor is the one who I strive to be like. He lives his life so that when his time to return home he will definstelly be told, "Well done my good faithful servant!" But I try and every day I pray I draw a bit closer to my Lord and Savior.
ReplyDelete