Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Quiet amidst the noise

Isaiah 30:15- in quietness and trust (confidence) is your strength. 

Psalm 131:2-  But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.


When we turn our eyes upon Jesus... The things of this world grow strangely dim...

These verses roll through my mind as a cascading waterfall in the forest. Our focus moves to Him, and we are quieted. I think of a searchlight, moving 'to and fro' until it finds its target, and once it does, it stops searching.

I am so thankful I live in a place where I can sit and listen to the wind in the trees, the birds, and the windchime 🎵

I think of the verse above from Isaiah and substitute the word 'simplicity' for quietness... I take a breath, turn my attention and energy to Him and am still.

What peace. What comfort. What rest!


Blessings! 


https://youtu.be/B2hGhWiAMQk

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! The Bible tells us 365 times not to fear. His peace is awesome. Rest in Him...take quiet time to pray so you can draw closer and closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! If we just take the time to stop, and listen. Clara and Jo would be so happy that we have connected ❤❤❤😇🙏❤

    ReplyDelete